Meal Plans on the Road
Remember, success comes with a realistic plan of action and small steps can lead to big changes over time!
1) It’s critical to leave the house with a plan as even the most organized business person will be tempted to eat garbage on the run.
2) Don’t arrive at your destination starving. Stuff all your bags with smart snacks (protein bars, nuts, dry fruit or just fruit) so you are guarded when hunger strikes and you can make a smarter choices when you have a chance to eat a full meal. Free morning buffets in hotels and working lunches while at company meetings can make you put on all those pounds without even realizing it.
3) Keep reminders in your Blackberry® or iPhone® during the day to stay on track. Download Apps to keep your targets. The more you are reminded the more likely you are to stick to it.
4) In addition, be guarded, eat small meals five or six times a day and fill up with protein, avoid starches and carbohydrates and drink tons of water. Go for the yogurt and fruit during meeting breaks.
5) You sit all day, drink a lot of coffee or tea and have alcohol at dinner functions or restaurants. No wonder you are so dehydrated! H20 is what we are usually so depleted of and many times our bodies confuse thirst with hunger!
6) Read labels! Become fluent and well versed in reading labels. It will become a habit if you make it and it will protect you from eating extra fats, carbohydrates, sugars and calories. Labels are important and is now being required in most restaurant menus.